We all do it about 150 times a day…. And it’s creating a whole new marketing challenge!
Researchers say that we do it about 150 times a day. And most times, it only lasts for seconds. But it’s creating a whole new challenge (and opportunity) for businesses like yours.
On average, Americans check their phones about 150 times a day.
Waiting in the line at the grocery store. At the red light. Just got an news or weather alert. The toilet just overflowed. And millions of other situations that lead to an all-too-common reflex: checking your mobile device.
Google calls these “Micro-Moments,” and the gigantic search company is trying to figure out how it can help people with as many of those mobile check-ins as possible. And so should you.
Google has boiled down these micro-moments into categories:
- I want to watch
- I want to know
- I want to go
- I want to do
- I want to buy
So, if that’s why people use their phones, then you need to connect those behaviors with your business. And here’s what Google says you need to do:
- Be there (be available when your potential customers are engaged in one of those micro-moments relevant to your business)
- Be Useful (provide utility to what people see, like directions, or click to call functionality)
- Be Quick (how fast does your mobile site download? If it’s more than 3 seconds, you may be in trouble, because people don’t wait)
- Connect with customers in all ways possible (search, video, display, email, etc.)
Here’s a link to a 20-minute presentation that gets into more detail about micro-moments. If that’s too long, skip ahead to the 7:45 mark and that’s when the discussion around micro-moments gets in-depth.
- I love hospitals! Well, not exactly…
- Why I have a job in one perfect picture!
- A new take on the traditional sales funnel
- Promotions Can Drive Business like Crazy!!!
- Local Businesses need to know what Reputation Management REALLY is!